Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Black Squirrels

It has been a long time since I have seen a black squirrel in Pennsylvania were I live or hunt. When my family took a trip to Niagara Falls they were all over the place. When I was 12 or 13 years old, hunting squirrels with my father, I saw one (my first sighting of one). That all changed two years ago. Everyday on my way to work, I would look in this yard were I first saw the squirrel. Sometimes I would see it and sometimes not. Well yesterday driving by the same yard, I saw it again. But know there are now 4 of them. I just thought is was pretty unusual to see them in the place I live and not in the real wild. I would like to know if anyone else has seen any black squirrels lately?

2 comments:

Huntingpa said...

I found a black squirrel in on of my traps last year, so there must be some around.

Harry said...

Hi simonthecat,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I know there are some around. It is just weird that it has been 30 years in between sightings. Then it was not just one but four from the same tree.

Harry